Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Halloween missionary style

Novermber 3, 2015

Hey guys it's Elder Skabelund! Not too much going on in North Ogden but we did have 20 lessons this past week so we are staying busy. Elder Sagmeister is awesome and I really love my companion. He is one of the funniest guys I know and he keeps the mission life interesting. Over Halloween we still taught lessons but at 6 we got to play sports with the zone. I suck at the mission sport "speedball" but I got to show off my piano and guitar skills as well so it was a fun night. So many members stopped by and gave us candy. I think I have more candy this Halloween than any other Halloween. And I didn't even go trick or treating, hahahaha

This week we did lots of visits with the Ward mission leader. Especially the high council member over missionary work. All the stakes in our mission have to do a Living Christmas Card this holiday season and pretty much the full time missionaries in each stake have to go to referrals that the stake provides and we have to sing a Christmas song and then we ask if we can share Luke 2:2-20. This thing is pretty sweet but our high council member had us present it to him at his house twice this week and it is soooo weird. Not because we did it but because this guy is just super weird. He acted as if he were a non member the whole time we were there hahaha.  After we presented it to him he showed us his toy train collection. ???? Hahahaha I mean this guy has a full room just full of trains. It's like a shrine, hahaha they are really nice people though. They treat us very well.

Well I don't have too much time today. We are going to Heidi's soon to have a lesson/pizza party.

Anyways love you guys!
Elder Skabelund



No comments:

Post a Comment