Thursday, January 28, 2016

The Crazy Cold in the Utah Logan Mission

January 5, 2016

Hello once again Family and Friends!

I hope everyone's new years was awesome!!! I know mine was! We got together as a zone and we played sports from 6 to 9! We also watched the cokeville miracle and that was a surprisingly good movie! It made
you think that there are truly angels among us (btw thats a really good song).

It was the first time in my life where I missed my family's annual rocket shoot this year. It's crazy how fast the time has gone! I remember waking up super early to go with my dad to help set up everything out in the desert, tying streamers on bushes and setting up the launch pad. Ahhh good times!! We were in bed by 10:30 on New
Year's eve and honestly it was really nice. Our landlord has a bunch of fireworks (they may or may not be illegal) and we launched off a mortar which was pretty cool!

It is getting really cold in Pleasant View. My feet are just so numb its crazy. I guess its my fault though. I hate putting on winter clothes so I usually just wear my normal socks and dress shoes. Its not so bad to do that in 20 degree weather but when it drops to 5 degrees I'm kicking myself in the but for not wearing my wool socks and
boots. My coat keeps me pretty warm along with hand warmers so I'm not dying put here but I would definitely be in shorts and a t-shirt in Arizona's weather right now.

I have gained a lot of weight out here. Just about 20lbs or so. I weigh about 228 and that is the heaviest I've ever been. It wasn't too big of a deal until last Wednesday when I ripped my pants and I decided enough was enough. So today I bought chicken, steak, brown rice, eggs, oatmeal, broccoli, carrots, greek yogurt and granola, water, and this really nutritious green drink. It has spinach and kale and all the fruits and vitamins you'll ever need and it surprisingly tastes good. So hopefully I can lose some weight and look good in my suits!!!


On Sunday I ran into my mtc teacher in one of the wards I went to. Apparently her parents live there so that was cool to see her! She invited us over to lunch at her place and it was great to catch up on all the things I've learned! Plus we got a referral from her family whom we are going to teach tomorrow evening!

I am almost thru with my Book of Mormon reading. I literally have 2 more chapters to go! There are far too many people who criticize this great book and try to prove that it's wrong. Well it is promised that as we read with real intent, meaning we intend to act upon the feelings and thoughts we receive, and as we pray to ask God if the
things which we have read are true, then we will gain a personal testimony of the Book of Mormon. Don't rely on someone else's belief about the Book of Mormon. Don't go on the internet to find out if it's true. I exhort you to read for  yourself and pray. That is the only way. Just do it.

We are still having a lot of success in this area. We probably won't have a baptism this week but we are working with a lot of people who are progressing in the gospel and they will for sure be baptized by the end of this month.

The gospel is true and I love this work as always. I love you guys all so much and I wish the best to you this new year!!

Love,
Elder Skabelund

No comments:

Post a Comment