Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Fixed Bikes, Broken Bikes, Springtime, and Baptisms!

March 8, 2016

Ahhhh finally..a chance to spend some time to write a quality email! You know you guys could actually email me back, I'd love to hear from ya'll.

And yes, I have started to say ya'll a lot. Not that it's a Utah thing but an elder I associate with is from Georgia and I started to make fun of him about it and now I can't stop saying it. I guess since I've gained 20 lbs and since I say ya'll a lot I guess I could live in the south ;)

But oh man it's been another awesome week in the field. Now not to say we haven't had our failures because we still do, but oh is the success rolling in. Elder Woolwine and I have seemed to be able to get better at teaching with each other and that's awesome. We are still working with a lot of people and the end of March should be a good week!

On March 20 I have the privilege of watching the Provo City Center Temple Dedication. That will be pretty legit. It will be the 150th operating temple of the church and for it to be such a unique temple it will be pretty cool. The only downside is that none of our investigators can come to church and if we have a baptism the day before we will have to wait til Easter to confirm them. On the bright side all of our recent converts can come :)

So yeah this week we were riding our bikes a lot. I am currently borrowing a bike from an elder who previously served in this stake. He left it here and I'm not going to let it sit around. The bike is awesome!!! It has disc brakes and I can jump curbs like no other hahaha ;) My companions bike he is borrowing it from a member in the stake and it's awesome and it's really fast, but it breaks every day. His pedal keeps falling off because it doesn't have the right size nut and it's impossible to find so it looks like we'll have to replace the shaft on it. I always love flying down that hill next to my house. It's pretty much the same hill as hawes road up by las sendas.

This last week we were supposed to have 2 baptisms but we only had 1. Our investigator, Jackson who is 8 years old, decided to get a 103 degree fever on Friday and it turns out he has strep. Fun. That day we went to his house in the trailer park. We gave him a blessing and just wow. This was probably one of the most spiritual experiences I've had. I put my hands on his head and he wanted me to give him the blessing. My companion but a drop of oil on his head and then I blessed him. The Priesthood is just awesome. During the blessing I got a glimpse of
what Jackson's purpose is in life. I gained a testimony of how special little children are. They are so innocent and they want to do what's right. And Jackson will be a great example to his family and if he stays active in the church I know he will be a great leader in the church. I also got emotional because I gained a testimony of how
important missionary work is. Because I am working with Jackson at such a young age, he is able to recognize the spirit. Just think about how that will bless his life right now. And as he grows older he will have something to rely on and he and his future family and his children and grandchildren will have the gospel. Woah. How amazing.

Our 1 baptism Noah, he is 9 years old and he is slightly autistic but he is the coolest kid ever. You will tell when I send you a picture of us with him at his baptism.

Well I guess it's kind of a long letter so I guess I'll stop here. We will have 3 baptisms this week!! And I will baptize one, scary, but anyways look out for pictures!

Love,
Elder Skabelund
  

No comments:

Post a Comment