Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Super Fast Week!

March 22, 2016

Holy cow did this week go by fast! This mission is just zooming along! It's going by too fast! But I think it's because we are working hard. It's so much more fun when you really work as hard as you can. You can really see the blessings roll on in.

So we didn't have too many lessons this week but we did meet a lot of new people. My companion and I decided to count all the people we don't talk to that we see that day. On average it's around 1 or 2 people which is pretty good. Once we started talking with everyone things really started to click. We are getting return appointments and
people are really interested in hearing about the gospel.

I had the opportunity to see the Provo City Center Temple Dedication. It was pretty sweet. Elder Oaks dedicated the temple. The temple has a really cool story and I would invite you all to research that story. Pretty much it used to be an old tabernacle (fancy meetinghouse) and it burned down and then the First Presidency decided to rebuild it as a temple. Pretty cool. It is absolutely just stunning to see the transformation that has taken place. It really is a House of the Lord. We had a couple recent converts show up so that was a good highlight!

We have a couple baptisms coming up! We have another one for the 26th of March, one for the 15th of April and another for the 16th of April! So exciting! I may or may not be here in April. Transfers are on the 30th and I'm pretty sure that I'm leaving. Pleasant View has been a fun little town to serve in but I think it's my time to go. I have to use my expertise elsewhere ;)

I love the mission. The church is true and it gets truer everyday. Lives change because of the gospel. It's changed mine. I love it so much!

Love,
Elder Skabelund

No comments:

Post a Comment