Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A good ol' week in the field

March 1, 2016

Hey yal'll!

How ya'lls doing? I've had a pretty good week. I've learned how missionary work is fun!! It really is. I'm learning to always have a positive attitude and when you do that you have a good time!

We had a lot of lessons and a lot of people are accepting the gospel. It is amazing. I never thought I would see so much success on the mission.

I have now been out for over 5 months. These p-days are coming around faster and faster! Yet I am still in the same area! Hard to believe! But I love it so much. This past week I have seen the blessings of being obedient. You can be in an area that has generally has no success, but when you are obedient the Lord places people in your way.

We have 2 baptisms on Saturday because of that. And the funny thing is, I don't feel like I have done enough! You can always do more and do better!

So anyways, it was a pretty usual week. It's warming up to the mid-40's so I no longer need to wear my heavy jacket. Just my suit jacket. And I would take off my jacket now if I could. But they make
us wear it til general conference! I can't wait till March 26th!!!

Haha oh speaking of the end of March. We are having a baptism Easter Sunday! That will definitely be a highlight of the mission. Easter is awesome and what an awesome way to celebrate it! Originally this investigator was supposed to be baptized in February but he got super sick. His mom wanted to push it back til April but the Holy Ghost convinced her that Easter is the right day.

We got our bikes fixed so we are real missionaries now! We live up this huge hill and I consistently hit 40mph going down. I'm technically speeding so I hope I don't get caught!! So hopefully I can
finally start losing weight rather than gaining 20+ pounds (yikes!!) Yeah when members feed us every night you gain weight. Especially when they feed you ice cream and brownies every night. But my thighs are dying so I should be losing weight!!

The mission is awesome. The people I meet are fantastic. You would think a Utah mission would suck but honestly I love it. I love the weather, the mountains, the people, the missionaries. I love having church buildings within a quarter mile of each other. And I love the baptisms. You should see plenty of baptism pictures this month. I know it's not because of what I've done, but it's because of what I'm supposed to do, if that makes any sense.

I love you guys!

Elder Skabelund

 

No comments:

Post a Comment